... as it comes

My writing process is waiting for me to catch up.

I have so many snippets of text - I actually hadn't realised how much I have written across a number of writing pads. This is good, I think 😊. But it is so tedious trying to decipher my hand writing and type it into the pc. I am so slow at typing ....

So far several voices have come through the writing. Sara, a twelve year old girl and her friend Sophia are the main narrators, although I was surprised that yesterday I wrote several pages that were situated in Delphi and involved Ashtar. She is a character from A New Day who leaves Crete to establish Delphi. She is an oracle.

I had considered the prospect of writing a book about Ashtar's journey but I was surprised to see her so soon. Well, in one way I should not have been surprised. I have read some books that infer the Mysteries that Mary Magdalene taught had a Minoan connection. In some places I have seen this as a reference to Isis (Egypt). Regardless, the connection being developed between the two books is reassuring.

My reading continues when the writing and typing have taken their toll and I need to have an excuse to lie on the beach and soak up some sun. I have recently finished a novel by Kathleen McGowan, The Expectant One, which is a great story about Mary Magdalene. I am now reading The Gospel of Mary. Not a novel, but a translation of scrolls discovered in 1896 and housed in the Berlin Museum.


The familiar mainstream story of Mary Magdalene was compiled through writings approved in the 325 AD Roman canonised version of The Bible we read today. This version does not include other texts unearthed in relatively contemporary times: The Gospel of Mary (discovered in 1896 in Cairo) or the Nag Hammadi texts (similar to the Dead Sea scrolls). Mary Magdalene’s story in France is textured by a rich history collated from folklore, legend and independent rigorous academic study. Her story has grown to include stories of the Cathars, Knights of the Templar, as well as Saint Sara, the Gypsy Queen. Her legacy in the Languedoc region of Southern France bears testimony to a very different version of an amazing woman once scorned in our Scripture.
I am unsure where this research is leading me but I am unperturbed. I am still in an embryonic stage of development and will read and write and reflect as it comes.

Comments